Former Reds sportscaster Thom Brennaman will take up the microphone again, assuming the role of play-by-play broadcaster for the Roberto Clemente League's 2020-21 season in Puerto Rico.
Brennaman confirmed the move to WCPO late Tuesday afternoon. His first broadcast with the league is scheduled for Tuesday evening.
Brennaman resigned from the Reds booth in September after the team and Fox Sports One suspended the broadcaster for using a homophobic slur live on-air in August. He was also fired from future NFL broadcasts with FOX Sports.
"My family and I have decided that I am going to step away from my role as the television voice of the Cincinnati Reds," Brennaman wrote to WCPO shortly following his resignation. "I would like to thank the Reds, Reds fans and the LGBTQ Community for the incredible support and grace they have shown my family and me."
In the months following his resignation, Brennaman has been active with communities in need. Last month, he hosted the Children's Home of Northern Kentucky's annual charity ball, saying: "I knew when I said what I said that it was a hurtful moment. I think over the last three months I’ve come to really understand how deeply hurtful that word means to so many people."
Brennaman is the son of legendary Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman, who called games for the Reds for 46 seasons before hanging up his headphones after the 2019 season.
WCPO anchor and reporter Evan Millward contributed to this story.