CINCINNATI — After Amy Murray announced she was stepping down from her position on Cincinnati's City Council, the question some people were asking was, "Who will take her seat on council?"
Hamilton County Republican Party Chairman Alex Triantafilou confirmed the following 17 people have filed to fill Murray's seat.
- Heather Couch- ran for Cincinnati School Board in 2019
- Jacqueline Ennis
- Gary Favors- special education teacher, ran for Cincinnati School Board in 2019
- Garret Gerard- President of the Sayler Park Village Council
- William Glines
- Steve Goodin- served as the city's attorney
- Scott Harper
- Liz Keating
- Gary Lee- ran for Hamilton County Sheriff
- Rayshon Mack- was appointed but not confirmed to be on the transit authority board of trustees
- Seth Maney- ran for City Council in 2017
- Linda Matthews
- Steve Mergele- ran for Cincinnati School Board in 2019
- Jake Samad
- Devoe Sherman
- Betsy Sunderman- Hamilton County magistrate
- Tommy Price
Each person up for consideration was given a questionnaire, but their responses were not immediately available.
More information is expected to be available concerning the selection for the city council seat Thursday morning.