CINCINNATI -- Want to get the biggest bang out of Sunday's Riverfest? It'll take a little planning.
Covington, Newport and Cincinnati are making multiple traffic adjustments to accommodate the estimated 500,000 people expected to watch the Western & Southern/WEBN Fireworks from the banks of the Ohio River.
WATCH GUIDE: These parties offer prime views of firework show
The fireworks start at approximately 9:07 p.m. Sunday but street and bridge closings, along with parking restrictions, will take effect hours before the show.
Here is a map detailing traffic restrictions and when they start on Sunday. See a detailed list of those restrictions below the map.
- Access to the Cincinnati riverfront will be limited to pedestrians south of Third Street.
- The Purple People Bridge will close to foot traffic at 5 p.m. Sunday.
- The Taylor-Southgate Bridge, Roebling Suspension Bridge and Clay Wade Bailey Bridge will close to all vehicle traffic at 6 p.m. Sunday. Pedestrians may cross on the west side of the Taylor-Southgate Bridge until 7:30 p.m.
- Access to the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge (I-471) from Ohio will close at 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
- The Third Street exit from westbound Columbia Parkway will close at 9 p.m. Sunday.
- On-street parking will not be available throughout the Downtown area south of Ninth Street after 11 a.m. Sunday.
- All streets north of East Fourth Street and east of Madison Avenue to the Licking River will close to vehicle traffic starting at 6 p.m. Sunday. Madison Avenue will remain open to allow access to public parking lots and garages until they are full or 6 p.m., whichever occurs first. This area may not reopen to traffic until an hour after the fireworks are over.
- The Fourth Street Bridge to Newport will close to all vehicle traffic at 8 p.m. Sunday.
- Devou Park, Kenton Hills and the Bluffs will restrict traffic starting at 2 p.m. Sunday. Access to these areas will be restricted to residents and their guests only.
Vehicles parked in the following areas will be towed starting at 7 a.m. Sunday:
- Riverside Drive
- Garrard Street between East Second Street and Riverside Drive
- Kennedy Street between East Second Street and Riverside Drive
- Shelby Street
- Scott Boulevard north of East Fourth Street (including parking meters)
- Greenup Street north of East Fourth Street (including parking meters)
- East Third Street east of Madison Avenue (including parking meters)
- Park Place (including parking meters)
- Court Street (including parking meters)
- Surface lots along the flood wall on Rivercenter Boulevard between Madison Avenue and Johnson Street and below the Roebling Suspension Bridge
- Grass areas in Devou Park
- All vehicles parked in garages and parking lots located north of East Fourth Street and east of Madison Avenue will not be permitted to leave until pedestrian traffic has cleared.
- Riverboat Row and Columbia Street north of Fourth Street will close at 8 a.m. Sunday.
- The Purple People Bridge will close at 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
- The Taylor-Southgate Bridge will close to vehicle traffic at 6 p.m. Sunday and pedestrian traffic at 7:30 p.m.
- Monmouth Street from Third to 11th streets will close at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. Monmouth will reopen to southbound traffic only starting at 9 p.m. No parking will be allowed on Monmouth Street.
- North and southbound I-471 ramps to Route 8 will close at 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
- 10th Street between Saratoga and York streets will close at 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Licking Pike at Aspen Court will close to northbound traffic starting at 9 p.m. Sunday.