CINCINNATI — The Bengals announced the team's decision to waive 21 players Saturday, to cut their roster down to the NFL's mandated 53 player lineup.
The team has moved HB Rodney Anderson to the injured list due to a knee injury, along with QB Jeff Driskel, who suffers a hamstring injury.
CB Darqueze Dennard and OT Jonah Williams have also been declared unable to perform because of injuries.
The team terminated the contract for guard John Jerry, who is now free to sign with another team, or re-sign with the Bengals.
Players waived by the team:
- TE Moritz Böhringer (first-year player, Aalen [Germany])
- CB Jordan Brown (rookie, South Dakota State)
- WR Ventell Bryant (rookie, Temple)
- CB Anthony Chesley (rookie, Coastal Carolina)
- WR Cody Core (fourth-year player, Mississippi)
- LB Deshaun Davis (rookie, Auburn)
- LB Noah Dawkins (rookie, The Citadel)
- HB Jordan Ellis (rookie, Virginia)
- OT Justin Evans (first-year player, South Carolina State)
- HB Quinton Flowers (first-year player, South Florida)
- TE Jordan Franks (second-year player, Central Florida)
- CB Davontae Harris (second-year player, Illinois State)
- S Trayvon Henderson (second-year player, Hawaii)
- LB Malik Jefferson (second-year player, Texas)
- S Tyree Kinnel (rookie, Michigan)
- C Brad Lundblade (first-year player, Oklahoma State)
- WR Stanley Morgan (rookie, Nebraska)
- CB KeiVarae Russell (fourth-year player, Notre Dame)
- TE Mason Schreck (third-year player, Buffalo)
- WR Hunter Sharp (first-year player, Utah State; injury settlement)
- G Keaton Sutherland (rookie, Texas A&M)
The Bengals announced all players waived, except WR Cody Core, are eligible to be signed to an NFL practice squad if they clear waivers on Sunday. The team plans to announce a practice squad of 11 players Sunday.