CINCINNATI — New second baseman Mike Moustakas took a seat on the bus as the annual Reds Caravan headed north, south, east and west Thursday morning to greet fans in five states over three days.
Moustakas is scheduled to make all four bus stops on the North Tour, while outfielder Aristides Aquino (East), reliever Amir Garrett (West), manager David Bell (North) and President of Baseball Operations Dick Williams (South) have also signed up for the entire three days.
SEE the complete schedule below.
Featured players making select stops include All-Star pitcher Sonny Gray (Bowling Green and Nashville on Friday), outfielder Jesse Winker (Lexington on Saturday) and top pitching prospect Hunter Greene (Louisville on Thursday).
Retired Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman returns for another trip on the East Tour and his successor in the radio booth, Tommy Thrall, joins the South Tour.
Reds CEO Bob Castellini and Vice President & Senior Advisor Buddy Bell also will appear at select stops, according to the Reds.
The Caravan finishes on Saturday and does not end at Florence Mall on Sunday as had been scheduled the past four years. It still makes 16 stops in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia and Tennessee and travels more than 3,500 miles.
The Caravan lets fans interact with current and former players, top minor leaguers, broadcasters and members of the Reds front office staff. Groups will field questions and sign autographs while time allows. All Caravan fan stops are free and open to the public.
The schedule (times EST unless noted):
NORTH TOUR includes infielder Mike Moustakas, manager David Bell, minor league outfielder Narciso Crook, roving catching instructor and former catcher Corky Miller, broadcaster Thom Brennaman, President & COO Phil Castellini and Vice President & Assistant General Manager Sam Grossman. Broadcaster Brian Giesenschlag will appear at select stops.
• Thursday, Jan. 16 – Columbus, Ohio (Polaris Fashion Place) 6–8 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 17 – Lima, Ohio (Apollo Career Center) 5:30–7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 18 – Dayton, Ohio (National Museum of the U.S. Air Force) 10 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 18 – Hamilton, Ohio (Parrish Auditorium at Miami-Hamilton) 1:30–3:30 p.m.
SOUTH TOUR includes pitcher José De León, minor league outfielder Mike Siani, pitcher Hunter Greene (Thursday only), pitcher Sonny Gray (Friday only), outfielder Jesse Winker (Saturday only), President of Baseball Operations Dick Williams and broadcasters Jeff Brantley and Tommy Thrall.
• Thursday, Jan. 16 – Louisville, Ky. (Louisville Slugger Field) 6–8 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 17 – Bowling Green, Ky. (Greenwood Mall) 4–5:30 p.m. (3–4:30 p.m. CST)
• Friday, Jan. 17 – Nashville, Tenn. (CoolSprings Galleria) 7:15–9 p.m .(6:15–8 p.m. CST)
• Saturday, Jan. 18 – Lexington, Ky. (The Red Mile) 2-4 p.m.
EAST TOUR includes outfielder Aristides Aquino, pitcher Lucas Sims, minor league infielder José Garcia, Reds Hall of Famer Eric Davis, former broadcaster Marty Brennaman and Vice President & General Manager Nick Krall.
• Thursday, Jan. 16 – Athens, Ohio (Athens Community Center) 6:30–8:30 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 17 – Charleston, W.Va. (Charleston Town Center) 5:30–7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 18 – Parkersburg/Vienna, W.Va. (Grand Central Mall) 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 18 – Huntington, W. Va. (Huntington Mall) 1:30–3:30 p.m.
WEST TOUR includes pitcher Amir Garrett, left fielder/infielder Josh VanMeter, minor league infielder Jonathan India, Reds Hall of Famer Tom Browning, broadcasters Jim Day and Jeff Piecoro, and Vice President of Player Development Shawn Pender.
• Thursday, Jan. 16 – Muncie, Ind. (Stoops Automotive) 6–8 p.m.
• Friday, Jan. 17 – Evansville, Ind. (Eastland Mall) 5:15-7:15 p.m. (4:15–6:15 p.m. CST)
• Saturday, Jan. 18 – Indianapolis, Ind. (Castleton Square Mall) 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 18 – Batesville, Ind. (Southeastern Indiana YMCA) 2–4 p.m.
All-Star pitcher Luis Castillo and catcher Tucker Barnhart cannot participate due to unforeseen scheduling conflicts, according to a Reds release.
Times, locations and participants are subject to change. Additional Caravan participants may be added to select tours.
Seating is limited at all Caravan stops. Autographs will be available on a first-come, first-served basis while time allows. No posed photographs. There may be restrictions on items participants can sign.
The Reds Caravan will also visit more than 20 Reds on Radio affiliates as well as schools, businesses and hospitals as part of the “Reds Caravan Takeover.”
Reds sales representatives will be at each stop to answer ticketing questions and discuss 2020 ticket plans. Memberships to the Reds Heads, Reds Rookies and Club Red fan clubs will be for sale at select stops.