DAYTON — A total of 27 people were transported to six Dayton-area medical facilities following a deadly mass shooting in a busy entertainment district Sunday morning.
One person remains in critical condition and four others are in serious condition.
In a second press conference Sunday, Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley said 15 people have been released from area hospitals.
Injuries range from gunshots in lower extremities and abdominal gunshot wounds to lacerations sustained during the chaos after the attack, according to Kettering Health Network spokeswoman Elizabeth Long and other hospital officials.
So far, there have been no fatalities at these hospitals, officials said.
City officials identified the nine victims killed Sunday morning. They are:
- Megan Betts, 22
- Nicholas Cummer, 25
- Thomas McNichols, 25
- Lois Oglesby, 27
- Logan Turner, 30
- Beatrice Curtis, 36
- Saeed Saleh, 38
- Monica Brickhouse, 39
- Derrick Fudge, 57
Police said a gunman opened fire at approximately 1 a.m. Sunday on East Fifth Street in Dayton's Oregon Historic District. The gunman, wearing body armor and using an assault rifle with high-capacity magazines, killed nine people before he was shot dead by police, who responded in less than 60 seconds.
The gunman's motive has not been released. Officers are executing a search warrant at the home of the man they suspect carried out the attack.
WCPO 9 On Your Side will update this developing story.