NewsLocal News


Man arrested, charged in connection to 2 separate deadly shootings in Cincinnati

Investigators said suspect confessed to one of the killings
Sunday morning shooting scenes
Posted at 8:47 PM, Mar 06, 2022
and last updated 2022-03-11 07:47:03-05

CINCINNATI — A man arrested and charged with two separate deadly shootings that happened over the weekend was issued a $1.5 million bond in court Monday.

Prosecutors claim 23-year-old Marc Henderson grabbed a high-powered rifle, drove to two separate apartments across Cincinnati, and shot and killed two men Sunday morning.

In a press release, Green Township Police said officers responded to a shooting on Sidney Road around 4:15 a.m. They found 27-year-old Richard Kelsay shot multiple times. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Neighbors said they heard six to eight shots.

Around 4:30 a.m., Cincinnati police responded to an apartment complex on the 4200 block of Georgia Avenue in Northside for the report of a person shot. Investigators said that's where they found 47-year-old David Francy suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. Francy died at the scene, according to a CPD incident report.

"He was a nice guy," said Myron Jackson, one of Francy's neighbors. "He would feed everybody around here — strangers too. He gave me a lot of food."

Then at 5:30 a.m., the Delhi Township Police Department got a 911 call from a man named Marc complaining about an overdose near Hillside Avenue. The caller said he was the victim of a "date rape" drug.

In a press release, Delhi Township police said they contacted Green Township police because investigators determined the overdose and the deadly shooting were related.

According to an affidavit, Henderson admitted to shooting and killing Kelsay. A Cincinnati Police Department report from Francy's murder said Henderson admitted to killing him too.

Kelsay's mother, Barb, said her son knew Francy well, saying they were good friends. A few months ago, Barb said both stood up to a man who became aggressive toward a woman who moved in with Francy for protection. Still, the family is not sure if that was part of the motive in their deaths.

Kelsay's family plans to host a candlelight vigil for Ricky outside his home at 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Grand jurors will weigh in on the case next week to determine how to proceed.

Map of the Sunday morning shootings

Man arrested following deadly shooting in Green Township
Northside shooting victim identified