Officials: Fairfield Skyline fire caused by attic fan

FAIRFIELD, Ohio -- Fairfield fire officials have determined the fire which razed the Skyline Chili on Hicks Boulevard Tuesday was caused by an attic fan that shorted out.

The fire happened Tuesday around 2:30 a.m.

When firefighters arrived on scene, the roof had already partially collapsed. Deputy Fire Chief Tom Wagner said they did not send any firefighters inside because they did not believe anyone was in the structure.

Dennis Kurlas, who has owned the Fairfield spot for 40 years, said he is happy nobody was hurt, and he plans to rebuild the establishment. "I'm glad nobody was hurt, that's the main thing because these material things can be replaced in two to three months."

Print this article Back to Top