Winter Weather Advisory issued November 14 at 3:56AM EST expiring November 15 at 12:00PM EST in effect for: Dearborn, Fayette, Franklin, Ohio, Ripley, Switzerland, Union, Wayne
Winter Weather Advisory issued November 14 at 3:56AM EST expiring November 15 at 12:00PM EST in effect for: Adams, Auglaize, Brown, Butler, Champaign, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Delaware, Fairfield, Fayette, Franklin, Greene, Hamilton, Hardin, Highland, Hocking, Licking, Logan, Madison, Mercer, Miami, Montgomery, Pickaway, Pike, Preble, Ross, Scioto, Shelby, Union, Warren
Winter Weather Advisory issued November 14 at 3:56AM EST expiring November 15 at 12:00PM EST in effect for: Boone, Bracken, Campbell, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Kenton, Lewis, Mason, Owen, Pendleton, Robertson
Those events (and others) will add up to two things this weekend – road closures and higher-than-normal Downtown traffic.
Here's a breakdown of what's going on and which roads to avoid if you're planning to go Downtown.
– Elm, Race and Rosa Park streets, along with Marion Spencer and Freedom ways south of Second Street will be closed to through traffic from 4-7 p.m. before the Cincinnati Music Festival at Paul Brown Stadium each day.
– Southbound Central Avenue south of Seventh Street; Fourth Street between Elm Street and Central Avenue; eastbound Third Street between the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge and Third Street; eastbound West Pete Rose Way between Gest Street and Central Avenue; and Elm, Race and Rosa Park streets, along with Marion Spencer and Freedom ways south of Second Street will be closed from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. after the music festival ends each day.
– Freedom Way between Elm and Rosa Parks streets will be closed from 10 a.m. Thursday until 7 p.m. Sunday for Festival 513, an all-day street market near Paul Brown Stadium that is part of the music festival.
– East Fifth Street between Vine and Walnut streets will be closed starting at 6 p.m. Friday through midnight Sunday for the third annual Cincy Soul food festival. The food fest kicks off Friday evening and continues through Sunday. Cincy Soul will showcase 55 local, minority-owned businesses and feature live music Saturday and Sunday evenings on Fountain Square.
– West Pete Rose Way and Mehring Way will be closed Saturday morning for the inaugural Vibe Queen City 5K. The race goes from 8-10 a.m. Saturday.
– East 12th Street from Broadway to Sycamore streets in Pendleton will be closed Saturday for DangerWheel. The adult big wheel race and neighborhood festival will take place from noon-11 p.m. Saturday.
And though there won't be road closings because of it, expect heavier traffic along the riverfront as fans go to see homegrown pop band Walk the Moon play a show at Great American Ball Park on Saturday. The band will take the stage 20 minutes after the Cincinnati Reds finish their 6:40 p.m. game against the Philadelphia Phillies.
Click on the icons in the map below for a detailed rundown of road closings.