Storms have moved into Southeast Indiana as of 11 a.m. From a boarder look, the full line of storms looks like it's moving slowly to the east. But if you zoom in and look at the Individual cells, this system is moving very fast! We currently have storms moving northeast at 60-70 mph! That alone, will produce a damaging wind threat. It still looks like the line of thunderstorms will be in the metro at noon.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. - A line of showers moves from Indiana, into Cincinnati and continues to push east. We should see storms in Cincinnati around the noon hour.
- 3 to 6 p.m. - After the first push of storms, we could see a lull in rain activity here, but isolated showers cannot be ruled out
- 6 to 11 p.m. - Scattered showers and storms develop again as the cold front moves through, potential impact on the evening rush.
— Jennifer Ketchmark (@KetchmarkWCPO) October 21, 2019
By noon, the first round of showers and storms will move through the Tri-State and continue into the early afternoon hours.
After the first wave of rain, new scattered showers and storms will develop later in the afternoon and into the evening hours as a cold front pushes east. A few stronger storms cannot be ruled out with this late day activity.
The Storm Prediction Center includes our western counties in a marginal risk of severe weather for this time frame. Damaging winds are the only concern locally for severe weather today and even that is isolated at best.
This system will be followed with cooler and drier air. Temperatures tonight fall to the upper 40s.
It will be a very slow warming process on Tuesday as cool air continues to move into the Ohio Valley. Temperatures only increase to 61 with a mostly sunny sky.
What else is on tap this week? The forecast stays seasonal and dry through Thursday. A minor system could bring in a few showers on Friday so we'll have to keep an eye on that as we get closer to Friday night football games.
A few storms
Cooling a bit
Turning mostly sunny
- If you don't already have our Storm Shield app, you can download it here .
- Sign up for severe weather email alerts
- WCPO traffic updates
- Metro bus detours and updates (or call the hotline at 513-632-7538 )
- Latest power outages from Duke Energy
- Flight cancelations and delays from CVG, other U.S. airports