The heat continues out there tonight and we are now in a Heat Advisory. That will be in effect through Thursday at 8 p.m.
This Advisory is because we expect heat index values above 100° again on Thursday. However, unlike Tuesday and Wednesday, we do not expect to reach values above 105°.
It's important to continue to stay hydrated as we go through the week. Also make sure to give your body a break from the heat especially in the afternoon hours.
Here's what you need to remember about today and the days ahead:
- Stay well hydrated
- Give your body a break from the heat, especially in the afternoon
- Remember that the effects of heat build up over time
- Check on elderly neighbors and don't forget about our pets too
Temperatures overnight will only drop into the upper 70s with mostly clear skies. Humidity is what will keep those temperatures warmer than normal.
Thursday will our fourth day in a row above the 90-degree mark, which is the first such streak since last August. Some models are trying to hint at some rain chances late Thursday with a weak cold front, but that chance looks low for now. The better chances will be to our Northeast.
The good news is that this cold front will bring us a break the heat and humidity for the weekend when it finally passes fully through. That isn't expected until Friday afternoon, which means we will still be hot Friday. There may be a few showers or storms early on Friday ahead of that front.
That break this weekend will be much needed as temperatures will be in the upper 70s and low 80s both days. It looks dry as well so plan something fun outside for Father's Day! Overnight lows could fall into the upper 50s Sunday morning as well.
Don't get too excited... There are indications that we are in for another heat wave as we move towards next week.
Sunny and hot!
Feels like 100°+
Still very muggy
To partly cloudy, isolated rain chance
Isolated showers and thunderstorms
Otherwise dry and partly cloudy
Showers early, then clearing
Still hot & muggy
9 First Warning Weather 24/7 Livestream
- Interactive Radar: Track weather to your doorstep
- Sign up for severe weather email alerts
- Check latest school closings and delays
- WCPOtraffic updates
- Metro bus detours and updates (or call the hotline at 513-632-7538)
- Latest power outages from Duke Energy
- Flight cancellations and delays from CVG, other U.S. airports