News

Actions

FD: Textbooks ablaze caused serious house fire

Posted: 3:30 PM, Apr 12, 2016
Updated: 2016-04-12 22:13:02Z
FD: Textbooks ablaze caused serious house fire
FD: Textbooks ablaze caused serious house fire

LEBANON, Ohio -- A house fire in Lebanon Tuesday began when a stack of textbooks went up in flames.

Fire officials said a man at the house was using a smoker on Tuesday afternoon. He left them in the garage of the house on Greengate Drive while he went to the store.

In the garage, a stack of nearby wood chips and textbooks caught on fire. The fire was picked up by the wind and caused severe damage to the house.

 

 

A teenage boy was home when the fire started; fire officials said he and the family dog escaped the house unharmed.

The home is a rental home, officials said.

Houses to the left and right of the one that caught on fire were also damaged -- one had melted siding and the other also caught on fire.