CINCINNATI — The Federal Communications Commission has mandated that all your local stations change broadcasting frequency before Friday in order to comply with new rules.
Friday was the last day that WCPO operated off of a temporary antenna lower down on the main broadcast tower, which means some of our viewers a bit further away might have been struggling to get our channel. Viewers who live closer may still experience issues if your signal is not strong, or if you use an indoor antenna.
But fear not! We didn't go anywhere, and we're here to help you through this transition. Below you can find instructions and video tutorials on how you can rescan your television signal:
How to Rescan Your Antenna TV
- Select Scan or Auto Tune from your TV or converter box control menu to start the scanning process.
- Your TV will do the rest. This process usually takes a few minutes to complete.
- Once your rescan is complete you will still find your favorite stations on the same channel number as before. If you have rescanning difficulties, you can usually find instructions by selecting the Set-Up or Menu button on your television or converter box remote control or consult the TV or converter box owner’s manual for instructions.
Samsung, Westinghouse, LG, Sony
(see page 28)
- Press the INPUT button on your remote to view your current input source. ...
- If the TV input is not selected, press INPUT until the TV input mode is selected.
- Open the on-screen menu and select TV or Tuner option. ...
- Highlight Tuner Mode and select the correct option: ...
- Select Auto Search or Auto Channel Scan.
- Press the MENU button to show the menu.
- Press 5 on the remote control to access the settings.
- Press 1 for the channel scan and then press 1 to begin scan for available channels.
- After the scan completes, the channels will automatically update.
You can also call our ReScan Helpline at 1 (800) 808-0445 for additional help. It's staffed Friday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You may also call the Federal Communications Commission consumer hotline at 1(888)225-5322 and press “6” to speak to a help desk representative. That call center is staffed from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. ET, seven days a week.