INDEPENDENCE, Ky. -- An anonymous bomb threat kept students at Twenhofel Middle School out of class Monday morning as police investigated, but they're back in school safe and sound.
Another week and another bomb threat is a pattern that Kenton County spokeswoman Jess Dykes fears is forming. School administrators got a voicemail left over the weekend threatening to bomb the school.
"This is kind of what we were worried about last week when we had social media threats that there might be copycats," Dykes said. "We immediately contacted the Independence Police Department upon receiving that message."
Police swept the building with bomb-sniffing dogs who found nothing. Students who had been diverted to another campus before ever stepping foot inside were bussed back. Another school's cafeteria fed the students breakfast, and they were returned to Twenhofel early Monday morning.
Dykes cannot confirm that the threat came from a student, but she still wants parents to talk with their children because a credible threat may get them out of class, but it could also land them in jail.
Monday's scare comes after last week's threats on Snapchat that turned out not to be credible and resulted in the arrest of a Scott High School student on April 26.
"This is a serious threat and the Independence Police are still investigating and when we find out the person or persons responsible, we will prosecute," Dykes said.
The school will still let out at regular time Monday afternoon. They had to adjust class and lunch schedules to accommodate the delay.