HARRISON, Ohio — Fire crews responded to a Rumpke garbage truck that caught fire Friday morning in Harrison.
Crews first arrived at the blaze on Harrison Avenue and Kilby Road at approximately 9 a.m.
Harrison Fire Lt. Michael Rimroth said it’s not clear how the fire started, and the driver was able to get out and report the fire.
Rimoth said the truck runs on natural gas, so fire crews have to let it burn off before putting water on it.
There were no reported injuries.
“The Rumpke Safety Team is on site and we are working closely with emergency responders to manage the situation,” said Bridgett Biggs, area safety manager at Rumpke. “We appreciate the quick response of all involved.”
WCPO will update this story.