CINCINNATI -- Hamilton County is going to pay $500,000 to settle a lawsuit filed by an inmate who was seriously injured by a county corrections officer nearly two years ago.
As the 9 On Your Side I-Team previously reported, former deputy Jason Mize pushed Mark Myers head-first into a concrete block half-wall at the Hamilton County Justice Center in 2016. Myers, 62, said he suffered cuts to his head and a broken hip. The incident was caught on camera.
The I-Team found this was the fourth time Mize had violated the sheriff's use of force policy.
Sheriff's investigators referred the case to the Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. Prosecutors declined to present it to a grand jury.
"He was facing termination," Sheriff Jim Neil said last year. "It never happened because he resigned."
Mize resigned in February 2017. That was six months after the incident, and just one week after the I-Team received his personnel file.
Myers sued the county last year over the incident.
The Hamilton County Board of Commissioners is scheduled to vote on the settlement during their meeting Wednesday.