CLEVES, Ohio – First responders administered narcan to a 2-year-old boy over the weekend, according to Cleves police.
Chief Rick Jones told WCPO the boy's father found him unresponsive Saturday morning around 10:30 and ran next door to call 9-1-1.
An officer in the area quickly responded.
The child stopped breathing and the officer saw signs that it was an opiate overdose, Jones said.
Medics arrived and were able to get the boy breathing after giving him a dose of narcan.
The boy was taken to Cincinnati Children's and is expected to make a full recovery.
Investigators have interviewed the adults involved. They're waiting on the results of a toxicology test.