NewsLocal NewsHamilton CountyCincinnatiWest End


Smoking in bed blamed for West End high-rise fire

Posted at 7:33 AM, Jan 28, 2018
and last updated 2018-01-28 19:44:21-05

CINCINNATI -- Someone smoking a cigarette in bed started a fire at a large West End apartment building early Sunday.

Firefighters were called to the Stanley Rowe Tower on Linn Street at about 5 a.m.

District Chief Greg Potter, with the Cincinnati Fire Department, said nobody was hurt.

"The bed caught on fire, they heard the smoke alarm, that's what woke them up, and they are OK because of that," Potter said.

Several people had to leave their apartments. There was no immediate estimate of the damage.