Editor's note: A previous version of this article had an incorrect headline. These are the bars with the highest number of complaints.
CINCINNATI — City officials on Friday morning named the six Cincinnati bars that had received the highest number of complaints about overcrowding and failure to enforce the statewide mask mandate:
- Pirates Cove Tropical Bar and Grill at 4609 Kellogg Ave. (Linwood)
- Mt. Lookout Tavern at 3209 Linwood Ave. (Mount Lookout)
- PRVLGD at 301 W. Fifth St. (Downtown)
- Animations at 3059 Madison Rd. (Oakley)
- Oak Tavern at 3089 Madison Rd. (Oakley)
- Andy’s Cafe at 7201 Vine St. (Carthage)
Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley said the city’s COVID-19 diagnosis totals have improved since the imposition of a mandatory mask order. On Friday, health commissioner Melba Moore reported only 23 newly diagnosed cases.
However, new COVID-19 patients have begun to skew younger. A little less than a third of Friday’s new cases were 20-somethings; the median age of a COVID-19 patient in Cincinnati is 36.