CINCINNATI — Firefighters rescued a woman from an apartment fire in Pleasant Ridge early Tuesday morning, according to officials.
The Cincinnati Fire Department said firefighters were dispatched to 5501 Glengate Ln. just after 2 a.m. Tuesday for a fire in an apartment.
When firefighters arrived on scene, they found a kitchen fire in one of the apartments and a woman on the floor of the apartment. Firefighters carried the woman out of the apartment and put the fire out.
Firefighters helped two other people on the third floor escape the thick smoke by getting them out on ladders, Cincinnati firefighter Warren Weems said.
“The smoke had kind of gathered in the hallway, and they got nervous, and they were getting ready to jump from the rear window, so we had a ladder on standby in the back window, and we were able to assist them out,” Weems said.
First responders transported the woman to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center for smoke inhalation, and she is in critical condition. No one else was hurt from the fire.
An investigation showed the fire started as a grease fire.