CINCINNATI – Cincinnati firefighters rescued six people from a burning apartment building in Hartwell Sunday night, according to a District 4 news release.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the second floor when they responded to the 8300 block of Anthony Wayne about 10 p.m. for a report of a kitchen fire.
One resident on the second floor was calling for help
Firefighters said they used ladders to rescue residents cut off by smoke. Two residents were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Our Ladder Company FF’s raised several ladders to reach occupants who were cut off by smoke. pic.twitter.com/BiQO7cu6m2
— Cincy Fire & EMS (@CincyFireEMS) October 29, 2018
The fire was brought under control in less than 15 minutes.
The cause of the fire was unattended food on the stove, the release said.
One resident was displaced and will be staying with family.