CINCINNATI -- One resident and one firefighter were both injured at an apartment complex fire in English Woods Wednesday morning, District Chief Curtis Goodman said.
The fire originated in a garbage compactor in the basement of the Marquette Manor Apartments at 1999 Sutter Ave. All injuries were minor and no one was transported, Goodman said.
Goodman said the fire was upgraded to a 2-alarm fire due to the size of the building.
The fire was contained before it could spread through the trash shoot. Firefighters worked to vent smoke that spread throughout the building, Goodman said.
It is unclear if there was any damage to the building.