Babysitter charged after child dies from ingesting pills under her care

Posted at 9:28 AM, Jan 12, 2018
and last updated 2018-01-12 17:57:15-05

CINCINNATI -- A babysitter has been charged with endangering children after a 2-year-old died from ingesting pills that had been left unsecured, according to Hamilton County court records. 

Rolisha Williams, 32, of Cincinnati, was arrested Thursday for the Sept. 20 incident that led to Prentice Humphrey's death on Sept. 23, 2017. Police said the 2-year-old ingested about nine pills. 

"The day he entered this world he became me and his big brother’s joy," Prentice's obituary reads. "He was very intelligent, smart and loving kid to have been so young."

A judge set Williams' bond at $100,000 Friday morning. The case goes to a grand jury on Jan. 22.