CINCINNATI — Food banks and food pantries throughout the Cincinnati area are taking steps to keep their employee safe while also serving the community during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Here is a list of current operations and well as links to specific resources.
Freestore Foodbank - Mutliple locations in Cincinnati and one in Wilder, Ky.
- The Customer Connection Center has adjusted hours to accommodate for cleaning and restocking. Hours will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Friday, effective March 19.
- Liberty Street Market has moved to a prepackaged model of food distribution and will distribute in the front bay area of the market.
- With a few exceptions, the Freestore Food network of over 500 partner agencies remain open and programs operating, some in a modified form.
- Click here for COVID-19 updates and information from the Freestore Foodbank.
St. Vincent de Paul- Cincinnati
- Ted and Becky Catino Choice Food Pantry is only offering pre-packed food boxes. It is recommended that applications for food assistance be made over the phone at 513-421-0602 and a pick-up time scheduled.
- Click here for updateson changes to services due to the coronavirus.
Be Concerned - Covington, Ky.
- Food pantry operations will continue on a modified scale. The pantry will temporarily switching to a car-hop model, where pantry shoppers will pull into our parking lot, be directed to a parking spot by a staff member, and be given a menu to complete of our available food choices.
- Walkers and bus riders will be given special, distanced seating options while their orders are packed.
- For anyone needing food who has not already registered with Be Concerned, please call 859-291-6789 to discuss signup and emergency food options (they are available Monday - Friday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Click here for more instructions on food pantry and thrift store operations.
St. Vincent de Paul - Northern Kentucky
- The drive-thru food pantry in Erlanger will be open Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The Falmouth food pantry will be open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. For Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties, limited food delivery will begin the week of March 23 those who cannot leave their homes. St. Vincent de Paul will update when more details become available for this service.
- Click here for updates on changes to services due to the corornavirus.
WCPO will continue to update this story.