This unusual 2020 Black Friday season reaches its climax on Thanksgiving evening, with Walmart's third and final Black Friday sale.
Walmart just released its final Black Friday ad, and it includes the kinds of steals that people line up hours to get each year. But in this pandemic year, there will be no Thursday lines.
To avoid store crowding, the retail giant has been staging three separate Black Friday sales this month, which began Nov. 4 and run through the traditional Black Friday on the day after Thanksgiving.
The final, and biggest, sale of its "Deals for Days" begins Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. on Nov. 25.
But it will be online only for 36 hours. Walmart, like most major retailers, will be closed Thanksgiving night, and will open at 5 a.m. Friday with in-store deals.
But even then, it will limit shoppers in the store to avoid creating a COVID superspreader event.
So here are the hottest deals beginning Wednesday, courtesy of BlackFriday.com:
Online Only: Wednesday Nov. 25 at 7 p.m.
· New gaming consoles. Walmart will have the Oculus Quest 2 ($299), PS5 ($499) and Xbox Series X ($499) when the sale kicks off online at 7 p.m.
· Nintendo Switch bundle with "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" game download for $299. That's the full price of the console alone, and, given the demand for the Switch during the pandemic, you won't find any straight-up discounts this year on it.
· AirPods Pro at $169. That's $80 off and the lowest advertised price. BlackFriday.com has seen these at $194 throughout Prime Day and early Black Friday sales.
· Apple Watch Series 3 GPS 38mm at $119 ($60 off) and 42mm version for $149 ($60 off). These are the lowest prices BlackFriday.com has seen on these versions.
· Fitbit Versa 2 for $129 ($50 off). This is the same price you’ll find at Macy’s, Costco and Kohl’s. If you’re a Kohl’s shopper though, if you buy it there you will also get a $15 reward in Kohl’s Cash.
· Fitbit Inspire 2 for $69 ($30 off). Again, Kohl’s has the Inspire 2 for the same price but also offers $15 in Kohl’s Cash.
· Vizio 70-inch Class 4K UHD SmartCast TV for $478. That's the lowest advertised price BlackFriday.com has seen so far at this screen size, and it's a bit lower than the $529 price tag Best Buy will have on a 70-inch Samsung 4K TV for Black Friday.
· Samsung TVs. Walmart has a 65-inch Class 7000 4K Smart TV for $478 and a 58-inch Class 4K UHD Smart TV for $398.
· Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones for $119 ($60 off) and the Powerbeats High Performance Earphones for $99 ($50 off).
· Video game deals. Highlights include several Nintendo Switch games for $30, including "Luigi's Mansion 3" and "Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening" for $25 off and $5 lower than the current price at Amazon and Best Buy. Various titles for PlayStation and Xbox are also discounted to as low as $20.
· Roku SE Streaming Media Player for $17 ($33 off).
Online and in-store Friday, Nov. 27
Walmart's traditional Black Friday sale begins online at Midnight on Friday, Nov. 27, and in-store starting at 5 a.m. But realize you may have to wait outside in the parking lot if stores quickly fill to COVID capacity.
According to BlackFriday.com, this sale is more focused on home goods (towels, bedding) and toys, and does not feature the kind of big screen TV deals that tend to send shoppers into a frenzy (probably a good thing during a pandemic).
· Google smart home devices. Google Nest Mini V2 or Chromecast for $18.98. Google Nest Hub for $49.98 ($40 off).
· Honeywell Thermostat for $99 ($50 off)
· Canon Pixma All-in-One printer for $19 ($25 off).
· Many bedding and bath deals.
But if you want the hottest deals at Walmart, you may want to get on your device shortly before 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
And that way you don't waste your money.
Don't Waste Your Money" is a registered trademark of Scripps Media, Inc. ("Scripps").
Follow John on Instagram @johnmataresemoney
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)
For more consumer news and money saving advice, go to www.dontwasteyourmoney.com