UPDATE: TUESDAY 7/16/2019:
For Day 2 of Amazon Prime Day, we are finding new discounts on Dyson vacuums and Roomba vacs, with more emphasis Tuesday on household items and clothing.
Many of the best electronics deals from Monday area now either sold out or back up to regular prices, but it is still worth checking. Remember: Amazon will be launching new deals each hour through midnight.
Amazon Prime day, in just four years, has grown to a two-day extravaganza that now almost rivals Black Friday.
However, it's a day where the very best deals are on Amazon-branded products, or products tied in with Amazon (such as the Ring doorbell and video camera system). For instance, you will find a few great TV deals, but nothing to the extent you find in November.
In addition, deals change every hour, making it very difficult to pre-plan your shopping. You need to keep checking prices, or set price alerts on the items you want most.
So with the help of Tom's Guide, we found some of the best deals as of Monday morning.
Streaming and smart devices
- Amazon Fire TV Stick: $14 (was $39) *UPDATE the $14 version may now show up as sold out*
- Amazon Echo: $49 (was $89)
- Amazon Echo Dot: $22 (Was $49)
- Amazon Echo Show: $49 (Was $89)
- Roku 4K Streaming Stick: $49 (Was $59)
- Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet: $99 (Was $149)
- Ring Video Doorbell: $69 (Was $99)
- TCL 43" 4K Smart Roku TV; $249 (Was$499)
- Fitbit Alta HR: $79 (Was $129) *UPDATE: the $79 version may now show up as sold out*
- Fitbit Blaze: $129) Was $199
- Apple Watch Series 3: $169 (Was $279) *UPDATE: the $169 version may now show up as sold out*
- Apple Watch Series 4: $399 (Was $449)
- Beats Wireless PowerBeats3: $99 (Was $199)
- Apple AIrPods $144 (Was $159)
- Bose SoundSport earbuds: $39 (Was $99)
- Microsoft Surface Pro 6: $899 (was $1.999)
- Apple MacBook Air: $999 (Was $1.099)
- Asus Chromebook Flip C434: #489 (Was $549)
- Keuring K-Mini Coffee Maker: $49 (Was $79)
- Instant Pot Duo 60: $69 (Was $129)
- Dash Electric Air Fryer: $52 (Was $69)
In addition, look for markdowns on household items (up to 30% off), and back to school and college gear (up to 30% off). Also, Amazon's new Lady Gaga makeup, and its Amazon Basics housewares, are all on sale.
You may find better savings on school items in a couple of weeks, however, when the major sales go into full gear.
And you may find some better TV prices right now at Walmart, according to Tom's Guide.
Finally, you must be an Amazon Prime member ($120 a year) to get the Prime Deals, but you can sign up for a free 30-day trial and cancel in 2 weeks if you want.
That way, you don't waste your money.
Don't Waste Your Money" is a registered trademark of Scripps Media, Inc. ("Scripps").
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)
For more consumer news and money saving advice, go to www.dontwasteyourmoney.com