This is the moment Cincinnati-area theme park fans have been waiting weeks for: Kings Island is finally opening for the 2020 season after a two-month delay due to COVID-19.
The Mason, Ohio park began taking online reservations Tuesday at 8 a.m. for its passholder preview week that begins July 2.
From July 2 through July 11, gold and platinum pass holders will be able to visit the park after making an advance reservation on Kings Island's website or mobile app.
After the reservation system went live, it appears to show about 10,000 open spots for each day, which is about one-third of normal park capacity.
Only pass holders can reserve a spot or visit during the first week-and-a-half. Reservations will open to the general public in the next week for visits starting July 12.
How to reserve a visit:
- You will need your gold or platinum pass in your hand
- Go to Kings Island's website at www.visitkingsisland.com, or use their mobile app
- Look for the pass holder sign-in page
- Enter the 8-digit code from the back of your pass and choose a date and time
- Guests can choose a start time ranging from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to avoid crowds at the gate. You will not have to leave the park at a specific time, however.
Pass holders can sign-up for only one date during the preview week. The system will prevent you from signing up for a second day, so make sure you choose a day you can visit.
Once at the park, you will have to have a temperature check, wear a mask and maintain social distancing. Click here for our full report on all the changes to expect.
For Kings Island fans waiting for the opening of the new giga coaster Orion, this is the moment they have been waiting for all spring.
As always, don't waste your money.
Don't Waste Your Money" is a registered trademark of Scripps Media, Inc. ("Scripps").
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)
For more consumer news and money saving advice, go to www.dontwasteyourmoney.com