CINCINNATI -- Meijer is hosting a job fair Saturday to hire 400 new people in Greater Cincinnati.
The retailer is looking to hire dozens of people at each of its 11 stores in southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
Potential candidates can go to any location to apply for available positions and be interviewed. The job fair runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Full- and part-time positions are available, including cashiers, third-shift stockers, meat cutters, cake decorators and department team leaders.
There are a broad variety of shifts available, said Randy Lewis, store director of the West Chester location.
"What we really pride ourselves on, anybody that's walking in the door, any walk of life -- whether you're a student, somebody that already works 40 hours and just wants to pick up a little bit of extra time, somebody that wants to work a full-time job, or somebody that wants to be a team leader and gets in the environment and says that they really like it, we really take some control of that and develop them and move them along in a structured program to get them moving in that direction," Lewis said.
To get started, apply online at https://jobs.meijer.com .
Meijer's southwest Ohio stores are:
- Eastgate: 888 Eastgate North Drive, Cincinnati
- Harrison Road: 6550 Harrison Ave., Cincinnati
- Fields Ertel: 3911 W. State Route 22-3, Loveland
- Miami Township: 1082 State Route 28, Milford
- West Chester: 7390 Tylersville Road, West Chester Township
- Marburg Avenue: 4825 Marburg Ave., Cincinnati
- Colerain Township: 3711 Stone Creek Blvd., Cincinnati
- Fairfield: 6325 S. Gilmore Road, Fairfield
- Hamilton: 1560 Main St., Hamilton
- Middletown: 3651 Towne Blvd., Franklin
Northern Kentucky stores are:
- Florence: 4990 Houston Road, Florence
- Cold Spring: 5400 Alexandria Pike, Cold Spring