CINCINNATI -- How much do you really know about 9 First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Raleigh?
In honor of National Weatherperson's Day Friday, here are nine facts about Steve that may surprise you:
- Mike Krzyzewski and Rick Pitino recruited Steve for college basketball but he decided to play football.
- He loves wine. And while he's not an expert, he can hang with the best of them.
- Steve proposed to his wife at a McDonalds in Covington, Kentucky.
- He is a season ticket holder for the Reds and the Bengals.
- Steve was honored to be asked to represent the nation at the first ever World Meteorological Conference.
- He married the daughter of Cincinnati icon Simon Leis Jr. and feels blessed with four grown children.
- Steve considered becoming a marine biologist because of his passion for science.
- He is quite a film buff and enjoys watching independent and mainstream movies.
- Steve did a live weather broadcast from the top of the Golden Gate Bridge.