COVINGTON, Ky. — Repair work on Interstate 71/75 will resume Thursday and is scheduled to continue for two weekends and two weeks of weekday evenings, Kentucky transportation officials said.
Crews will focus on southbound I-71/75 from just before Buttermilk Pike to just after KY-236/Donaldson Road in Kenton County and northbound from KY-1017/Turfway Road to KY-236/Donaldson Road in Boone County, according to a news release from Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 6.
If all goes well and the weather cooperates, this project that began last year will be finished by April 19.
Here's the schedule for the remaining work:
- Thursday, April 4, 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. Friday: single lane closure
- Friday, April 5 through Sunday, April 7: Nightly closures start at midnight and last until 5 a.m. Southbound will be reduced to a single lane between exit 188 and exit 186. Northbound will be reduced to a single lane between exit 182 and I-275.
- Friday, April 5, 10 p.m. through 5 a.m. Monday, the southbound exit 184 to KY-236, exit 184A to Erlanger and the southbound entrance ramp from KY-236 will be closed.
- The weeks of April 8 and April 15, there will be nightly lane closures Monday through Thursday southbound between exits 188 and 186 and northbound between exit 182 and I-275.
- The weekend of April 12-15 there will be nightly single lane closures southbound between exits 188 and 186 and northbound between exit 182 and I-275 from 10 p.m. through 5 a.m.