CINCINNATI -- The Anthony Munoz Foundation is now accepting nominations for the 2016-2017 Offensive and Defensive Linemen of the Year Awards.
The award recognizes outstanding student-athletes who show success not only on the football field, but also in the classroom and in their community.
All high school linemen grades 9-12, from the Tri-State region, are eligible for this award. Anyone can nominate a deserving student-athlete. Nominations will close Monday, Dec. 12.
A nomination form can be found at www.munozfoundation.org.
Both an Offensive and Defensive Linemen will each win one of the following categories:
• Ohio Divisions 1-6 (12 finalists)
• Northern Kentucky (two finalists)
• Southeast Indiana (two finalists)
From this group of winners, a committee will select two student-athletes to be recognized by the Anthony Muñoz Foundation as the overall Offensive and Defensive Linemen of the Year at the National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete Banquet. This year’s committee members consist of:
• Anthony Munoz -- Former Cincinnati Bengals offensive lineman and NFL Hall of Fame member.
• Michael Munoz -- Former All-American offensive lineman at the University of Tennessee.
• Andrew Whitworth -- Bengals Pro-Bowl offensive lineman.
• Dave Lapham -- former Cincinnati Bengal offensive lineman and current radio analyst.
• Mike Dyer -- high school sports reporter for WCPO.
Since 2002, over 240 high school athletes have been recognized through this award. Past year’s recipients of this award now attend colleges such as Ohio State, Auburn University, Notre Dame, Ohio University, Florida State, and Michigan State.
Established as a nonprofit organization in April of 2002, the Munoz Foundation’s mission is to engage the Tri-State region to impact youth mentally, physically and spiritually.
The Foundation reaches out to underprivileged youth to recognize, and reward those who excel in all phases of life. Through the foundation’s eight impact programs, which include scholarship opportunities, character camps, a tutoring program and a leadership seminar, thousands of area youth are empowered. More information can be found at www.munozfoundation.org and on our Twitter and Facebook page.