Whistles, breaks go against FC Cincinnati in 2-0 loss to Orlando City B

Whistles, breaks go against FC Cincinnati in 2-0 loss to Orlando City B
Posted at 4:19 AM, May 14, 2017
and last updated 2017-05-14 04:37:43-04

CINCINNATI –  A disputed penalty inside the box led to the first of two late goals by Orlando City B and sent FC Cincinnati to its first home loss of the season Saturday night.

It didn’t help that FC Cincinnati had a goal waved off and couldn’t score in a 2-0 United Soccer League loss before 19,310 fans at Nippert Stadium.

“We have a group of players that have their heads down after today’s match,” FC Cincinnati coach Alan Koch said. “We speak to our players about how moments define matches, to focus on what you can control, and that was a huge part of this game. There are certain things that you just cannot control and you have to properly handle the moments of adversity.”

SEE photo gallery from the game.

It was an aggressive match and a scoreless one for 73 minutes.  

FC Cincinnati’s best scoring chance came in the third minute when a corner kick was deflected inside the box. An official inadvertently kicked it into the range of FC Cincinnati forward Daryl Fordyce. Fordyce drilled the ball into the back of the net, but the play was quickly waved off due to an offside call on Danni Knig.

In the 74th minute, FCC midfielder Kadeem Dacres tripped Orlando’s Da Silva in an attempt to steal the ball. Da Silva then left-footed a penalty kick past goalkeeper Mitch Hildebrandt into the left side of the net.

Hildebrandt kept FCC in the game with two impressive back-to-back saves in the 84th minute. But Orlando midfielder Richie Laryea clinched it in the 91st minute when he raced down the right side against two FCC defenders and right-footed a shot past Hildebrandt.

FC Cincinnati fell to 2-4-3 and Orlando improved to 3-3-3.

FC Cincinnati returns to action Wednesday in a U.S. Open Cup match against AFC Cleveland of the National Premier Soccer League. Kickoff is 7 p.m. at Nippert Stadium.