CINCINNATI — The city of Cincinnati has designated multiple locations in downtown Cincinnati as rideshare locations, hoping it will be easier and safer for people to catch a ride in and out of downtown.
"This new designation is part of our focus to improve safety and mobility downtown,” said John Brazina, director of Cincinnati's Department of Transportation and Engineering. "The renaissance taking place in Cincinnati’s downtown core is prompting more transportation-related services to vie for the same curb space in the public right-of-way.”
People using rideshare companies, like Uber and Lyft, and other taxi services can meet their drivers at the following locations at the given times:
- 12th Street east of Main Street, Thursday to Sunday, 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Main Street at 12th Street, east side, Thursday to Sunday, 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Main Street at 13th Stree, west side, Thursday to Sunday, 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Elm Street north of Henry Street, daily 24/7
- East and west sides of Walnut Street between Sixth and Seventh Street, daily, 6:30 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- North side of Second Street between Walnut Street and Main Street, Thursday to Sunday, 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- East and west sides of Freedom Way between Rosa Parks Street and Joe Nuxhall Way, Thursday to Sunday, 1 p.m. to 3 a.m.
The rideshare locations are bright blue and have green graphics to help people locate the pickup spots.
Meter parking at the rideshare locations will remain in use until the designated rideshare times, and Metro bus stops and valet services are not affected the spots. Free and short-term parking will also still be in affect until the designated rideshare times.