Shayna Hubers' new trial to start Sept. 18, 2017

NEWPORT, Ky. -- Shayna Huber's new trial has a start date.

Hubers, who was previously convicted of killing her former boyfriend, Ryan Poston, will get a new trial starting Sept. 18, 2017.

A judge decided that Hubers was entitled to a new trial after it was discovered that one of the jurors on the original trial was a convicted felon.

That juror, David Craig, said in court this summer that he didn't believe he was a felon. However, in 1992 he pleaded guilty to falling behind in child support, which makes him a felon under Kentucky law.

Hubers was originally found guilty of murder in April 2015. Police said she shot Poston six times in his Highland Heights condo in 2012. She was sentenced to serve 40 years in prison.

In a statement released through a spokesperson, Poston's family said they "do not want to be waiting."

"It’s frustrating, the families want it to be over with but they also know that Shayna Hubers killed Ryan Poston," the family said. "She is a murderer. The families will do what they need to do to see this through to the end because they know that justice will be served."

Print this article Back to Top