It's that time of the year again: consumer groupWorld Against Toys Causing Harm, Inc., or W.A.T.C.H., released its annual list of the 10 worst toys you can buy for kids this holiday season.
The toys were chosen due to potential hazards, and are listed below in no particular order:
- Nickelodeon Nella Princess Knight Pillow Pets Sleeptime Lights (potential for ingestion and battery-related injuries)
- Nerf Vortex VTX Praxis Blaster (potential for eye injuries)
- Marvel Black Panther Slash Claw (potential for eye and facial injuries)
- Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel Superstar Blade (potential for blunt force and eye injuries)
- Cabbage Patch Kids Dance Time Doll (potential for choking injuries)
- Zoo Jamz Xylophone (potential for ingestion and choking injuries)
- Nici Wonderland Doll: Miniclara the Ballerina (potential for choking injuries)
- Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket (potential for eye, face and other impact injuries)
- Cutting Fruit (potential for puncture and blunt force injuries)
- Chien A Promener Pull Along Dog (potential for entanglement and strangulation injuries)
Unsurprisingly, the toy industry is not a fan of the list.
PHOTOS: The toys deemed potentially dangerous
In a statement, the Toy Association wrote that the list, and others like it, are "riddled with inaccuracies and unnecessarily frighten families rather than assuring them that toys are among the safest consumer products found in the home."