As the Nation continues to mourn the passing of former President George H.W. Bush, many government offices will be closed Wednesday for a national day of mourning.
The closure was announced by President Donald Trump. Trump signed an executive order to close the federal government "as a mark of respect for George Herbert Walker Bush, the forty-first President of the United States."
See the list below for closures:
- All post office locations will be closed
- Some National Parks will be closed or have limited operating hours
- Regular mail delivery will be suspended Wednesday. Click here for the details.
- All federal offices will be closed, including Social Security offices
- Non-essential government employees will be excused from work
- The New York Stock Exchange will be closed for the day
- The Supreme Court is delaying arguments for the day
- Congress will postpone all votes scheduled for the day
- Government in Texas, Bush’s home state, is shutting down for the day