Pulse nightclub in Orlando will not reopen despite Instagram announcement
Owner says Instagram announcement was bogus
<p>This photo taken July 11, 2016, shows a makeshift memorial continuing to grow outside the Pulse nightclub, the day before the one month anniversary of a mass shooting, in Orlando, Fla. The reports from about a dozen deputies released late Thursday, July 21, 2016, by the Orange County Sheriff's Office raise some new questions, answer some older ones and show the horror of the worst mass shooting in recent U.S. history. (AP Photo/John Raoux)</p>
Posted at 2:56 PM, Aug 01, 2016
and last updated2016-08-01 14:59:01-04
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A spokeswoman says the Pulse nightclub in Orlando will not reopen as a memorial to the dozens of people who died at the gay venue during an attack last month.
Sara Brady of the OnePulseFoundation said in a statement Monday that a bogus Instagram posting from the day before that had announced the memorial has been taken down.
The foundation was set up to help raise funds for the victims of the June 12 attack. Some 49 people were killed and 53 injured.
Gunman Omar Mateen was killed in a shooting with police at the nightclub.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.