Chick-fil-a announced that will stop serving chicken salad at all of its restaurants after September 30.
The good news for fans of the sandwich is Chick-fil-a has released the recipe for the menu item.
- 3 Cups
- 4 Chick-fil-A Chicken Breasts (original or grilled), cooled & cut into 1" cubes
- 2.5 oz. celery (approximately 1.5 full stalks, washed, trimmed & cut into 1" pieces)
- 1/3 cup of sweet pickle relish 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (cooled & peeled)
- Using a food processor, mix chicken, celery, mayonnaise, and relish on low/medium for 5 seconds.
- Begin adding eggs 1 at a time and continue processing for up to 10 additional seconds or until salad is chopped to desired consistency. (Total food processing time needed is 10-15 seconds.)
A Chick-fil-explained the decision to ditch the menu item to Southern Living.
“The decision to remove Chicken Salad from the menu was a difficult one," Chick-fil-A spokeswoman Leigh Jackson told Southern Living. "We know that many of our customers loved our Chicken Salad, but we have also heard from guests that they are looking for new tastes and fresh flavors on the menu in our restaurants."