"It’s an 800 number; the phones are staffed by experts."
Fans of "The West Wing" are quite familiar with the famous scene when President Bartlet was surprised that there is an 800 hotline to ask questions about how to prepare a turkey. Decades later, the Turkey Talk Line has evolved into more than a hotline.
The hotline still exists, but there are other ways to get your critical turkey questions answered by experts.
Here are the ways to get help:
- Butterball Skill for Amazon Alexa: Users can simply say, “Alexa, ask Butterball…” to enable the skill. Once enabled, just ask the Butterball skill your cooking questions and hear trusted Talk-Line experts share answers. Users can even watch how-to videos on compatible Alexa-enabled devices (Echo Show, Echo Spot and Amazon Fire TV).
- Text (844-877-3456): With nearly one in three first-time cooks saying they’d text the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line for cooking help, it only makes sense that, for the fourth year in a row, the Turkey Talk-Line offers text support in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.
- 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372): Turkey Talk-Line experts will be available this season through Dec. 24, 2019, to answer questions and assist all holiday cooks.
- How-To Videos: Need a visual guide? Check out our fun and helpful instructional videos at Butterball.com and YouTube .
- Facebook and Twitter: Help is available through the Butterball Facebook and Twitter pages with tips, special savings and more.
- Pinterest: Find Thanksgiving recipe inspiration for your holiday celebrations on the Butterball Pinterest page.
- Instagram: Follow Butterball on Instagram to get a behind-the-scenes look at recipe inspiration for your Thanksgiving meal and more.
- Live Chats: Engage with turkey experts through live chat on Butterball.com during November and December and receive real-time suggestions and advice.
- Email: Email Butterball using this form and receive helpful tips right to your inbox.
- Website: With coupons, trusted recipes, step-by-step how-to videos and key tips for success, everything you need is accessible at Butterball.com .
This is when the Turkey Talk Line will be staffed:
“Over the past 40 years, the Turkey Talk-Line has witnessed first-hand the evolution of Thanksgiving celebrations among the people we help every year,” Butterball Turkey Talk-Line Director Nicole Johnson said. “From hosting your first Friendsgiving to testing different cooking methods – like air-frying – we are here to help answer all those turkey questions so you can celebrate the big day—when, where and however you decide.”
According to Butterball, 50 million people have used the Turkey Talk Line. Butterball employs a staff of 50, some of whom are able to offer advice in Spanish.