MASON, Ohio -- "My baby just died. My baby just died. My baby just died."
The woman who called police to report the death of a 15-month-old girl left in the Procter & Gamble parking lot repeated the same few phrases over and over when she called 911 Wednesday evening.
"She's dead. She's dead. She's dead," the woman added. "I left her in the car."
The woman is then heard weeping several minutes into the call.
When the dispatcher tried to walk her through administering mouth-to-mouth CPR, the woman said: "she's dead. She's already dead."
Warren County Coroner's Office investigator Doyle Burke said the toddler's mother, a P&G employee, left her child unattended in the car all day. She called fire crews at about 5 p.m. to report the toddler was no longer breathing. By the time crews arrived, the 15-month-old girl was dead in the back seat.
The child's family released the following statement Thursday:
"Words cannot express the depth of despair we feel at the loss of our baby girl ... everyone who had the privilege of knowing (her) would say that she was truly a blessed child who brought smiles, joy and happiness to everyone. We are grateful for the support of family and friends. We ask for prayers, patience and privacy during this unimaginably difficult time."
WCPO removed the name of the child from the family's statement.
The preliminary findings of the autopsy, completed by Dr. Russell Uptegrove from the Warren County Coroner's Office, were consistent with a heat-related death.
"Certainly a 15-month-old is more susceptible to something like this than an adult," Burke said. "Any time something happens like this, it's preventable. It's a wakeup call to anyone who has children: Just be careful."
The mother has not been identified and Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said he won't discuss potential charges.
"Any discussion of charges is premature until Mason Police Department has completed their investigation," Fornshell said. "We have been working closely with them since they arrived on scene (Wednesday)."