CINCINNATI -- The Metro bus system is inviting people to help "Stuff-the-Bus" with supplies to help in relief efforts.
The collection is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, at Government Square Area E. The event benefits Matthew 25: Ministries.
Items needed include:
- Non-perishable food: pull top canned vegetables, fruit, etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerky, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready to eat meals
- Personal care products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion, etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach, mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves, etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper. Paper towels, etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc.
- First-aid items: Bandages, gauzes, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs, etc.
Any monetary donations may be submitted online or by mail via check to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242.
Additionally, the Independence (Kentucky) Police Department led a donation drive to help Hurricane Harvey victims in Texas on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The police department was asking for diapers, towels, blankets, pillows, bottled water, toiletries, baby formula and canned food.
An Independence officer's father works for Fern Expo, a company taking care of logistics of getting the donations to Texas.