ERLANGER, Ky. — Girl Scouts of Kentucky’s Wilderness Road (GSKWR) is launching a new web series to share the stories of women across the Tri-State to empower and inspire young girls.
The web series is called the Unstoppable Women Series, and in the series, one Girl Scout will conduct a live interview with a local female leader from the Tri-State.
“We want young women to be able to watch this, and even adults, and say, 'Wow, that's really good advice. I'm gonna write that down and take it away,'” Noelle Johnson, GSKWR's membership program manager, said. "Our girls are already in virtual classes all day. But let's give them a chance to sit back and absorb."
There will be 10 women who will be interviewed for the series, and they range from CEO's and politicians to philanthropists.
“They are women who have exceeded in their fields, and have overcome challenges," Johnson said.
The women who will speak are:
- Rachel Roberts, Kentucky state representative,
- Nancy Grayson, president of Horizon Funds,
- Michelle Krummen, head of talent at 84.51,
- Lacy Starling, president of Legion Logistics,
- Carolyn Noe, CEO of Superheroines,
- Rosemary Schlachter, philanthropist and president of 25th Hour,
- Wendy Vonderhaar, CEO of Intrinzic, Inc.,
- JoAnne Kennard and Molly Edmondson, principals of Mojo Advantage,
- Lisa Daugherty, director of tax at Luxottica,
- Gina Goings, senior vice president of the Urban League of Greater Southwest Ohio.
The series is free for anyone to watch, but you have to register to view the event here. While the series began Tuesday night, all videos are recorded and posted online for anyone to watch at anytime.
The next live video in the series is scheduled for Oct. 13 at 4:30 p.m.