Two families displaced after Covington fire

COVINGTON, Ky. -- Candido Vale was remodeling a Madison Avenue apartment Monday afternoon when the residents started to scream. Glancing into the kitchen, he saw the source of their panic: Smoke. 

"I decided to run out," he said. "I started telling people to make sure everybody was out, and thank God everybody was."

Within minutes, it was a blazing fire that seriously damaged two of the building’s four apartments. 

No one was hurt in the conflagration; Covington firefighters rescued three dogs from the burning building. According to the Covington Fire Department, the fire did not appear suspicious, but investigators planned to look through the scene Tuesday morning.

The American Red Cross provided shelter to the families displaced by the fire.

Print this article Back to Top