COVINGTON, Ky. — All Catholic schools in the Diocese of Covington will postpone the start of their academic year by one week, a diocese spokesperson announced Tuesday night.
Classes had been scheduled to start Aug. 10, but Gov. Andy Beshear recommended on Monday that all Kentucky schools postpone in-person classes until at least Aug. 17 due to rising COVID-19 diagnosis totals.
Superintendent Mike Clines said the calendar adjustment for each individual school in the diocese will be communicated to families by that school’s principal.
“Without a doubt, it will take a community effort to safely begin and sustain in-person instruction this school year,” he said in the news release. “I encourage everyone to continue making the health of our students, administrators, faculty and staff a priority by following the best practices that have been identified to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.”