COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, Ohio – A fire caused extensive damage to a home being renovated in Colerain Township Saturday.
A passerby reported the fire in the 11600 block of Old Colerain at about 2:25 p.m. Firefighters found a working fire in the frame structure’s attic.
The fire started when sparks from a backyard fire being used to burn old building materials were blown into the attic, firefighters said. High winds drove the fire and spread it through the attic and roof.
The damage was estimated at $10,000. Furniture and other contents had been removed from the home for the renovation.
Firefighters said that no one should burn anything outdoors Saturday due to the windy conditions.