COLERAIN TOWNSHIP — A fire in Colerain Township displaced five adults and one child Friday morning.
The blaze started at approximately 2 a.m. in a house on the 2500 block of Crest Road near Pippin Road, officials said.
Of the six occupants, five had left through the front and rear doors, while one reportedly used a bedroom window to escape.
The homeowner received burns during the fire and was transported to Mercy Fairfield Hospital for further treatment, officials said.
Officials said the fire started on the second floor, and a preliminary investigation determined that a lit cigarette close to a surface recently cleaned with an alcohol solution started the blaze
The Red Cross is assisting the six displaced to find a place to stay.