News

Actions

Electrical fire displaces Madisonville family

WCPO-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 11:47 AM, Jan 29, 2016
and last updated 2016-01-29 13:59:11-05

CINCINNATI — Two adults and a child were displaced by a fire that ignited after some wires overheated in a Madisonville home Friday morning, fire officials said.

The blaze started at about 9 a.m. on E. Ledge St. on the second story, according to Cincinnati Fire Department District 4 Fire Chief Michael Washington. Everyone got out of the house safely, and the smoke detectors were working at the time of the fire, he said.

Investigators ruled the cause of the fire "improper use of an extension cord."

Fire officials estimated the damage to the house to be about $10,000. The Red Cross is assisting the family in finding lodgings.

No other information was immediately available. Check back with WCPO for updates.