CINCINNATI — Six students at Woodward Career Technical High School ingested a "marijuana-laced dessert" Thursday; after lunch, four of those students were hospitalized, according to CPS spokesperson Lauren Worley. She said the other two students were fine.
Worley said she thinks the edible was a brownie.
She said several students began to get sick after lunch, and one girl began throwing up. Worley said it's not clear how many of the edibles were purchased or taken by students.
One of the hospitalized students is still in the hospital, she said.
"We're trying to find out how the brownies got into the school," said Worley. "Who brought them in, and where did the student get them from, and if there were any other students involved in the situation."
One student, a sophomore at the school who is a minor, has been charged with five counts of felonious assault, according to Worley. That student is currently being held in juvenile detention.
Worley said she believes the students knew what they were eating, and that none of them had ingested the marijuana edibles by accident or under false pretenses.
"We believe they knew what they were ingesting," said Worley. "Whether they knew that it would be really bad to consume the entire brownie at one time or not is another thing."
She said students who ate the brownies at school will likely face punishments in accordance with the school's code of conduct. She did not elaborate on what that meant, or how severe punishments may be.