CINCINNATI – One person was hospitalized and at least eight homes were rendered uninhabitable after a fire in an East Price Hill apartment building.
Firefighters were called to the Summit Villa apartments in the 900 block of Chateau Avenue shortly before 6 p.m.
A fire spread from a candle after a resident fell asleep, firefighters said.
One person was hospitalized for treatment of smoke inhalation. Another person was treated for burns.
The first floor of the building was uninhabitable after the fire, firefighters said.