CINCINNATI -- "It's just a senseless death. He was a good person; he didn't need to go this way."
Robert Jacobs' comments on his 40-year-old son's death sound similar to those made by any parent who outlives their child.
But Jacobs says he was blindsided by his son's death, caused by a deadly combination of fentanyl and heroin.
"There's just too many innocent people losing their lives over this," he said.
Jacobs found his son, Adam McRoberts, overdosed on the bathroom floor. McRoberts' teenage son was with Jacobs when he found the body.
Jacobs said he found out last week that his son was using drugs; he overdosed days before Saturday's fatal overdose.
"There's too many people dying out here for this stuff," Jacobs said. "I've learned a lot in the past few days about this stuff that I did not know."
McRoberts' family set up a Go Fund Me page for final expenses and McRobert's son, Aaron, whose mother died when he was 11. A memorial fund was set up at Key Bank under the name Adam McRoberts.